Thursday, December 6, 2007

THE SONG OF THE SHEPHERD, THE SOUND OF A THOUSAND HALLELUJAHS MAKES ALL THINGS NEW

THE SONG OF THE SHEPHERD, THE SOUND OF A THOUSAND HALLELUJAHS MAKES ALL THINGS NEW

PART I
THE AFTERMATH OF THE FALL OF MAN
Pray for your forgiveness
and I will pray for mine
We all die here
time after time
after time
after time
after time
O' Serpent! O' Adam!
Curse you
For we all fall daily
on your account

PART II
THE SHEPHERD KING COMETH
I stand among the trees
on this slowly dying Earth
and climb to the top
of the highest branches
and shout to all those below
O' hark ye men of creation
For, Jesus, He comes soon,
For no man knows the day
or the hour
Thou church!
Why do you not love one another?
When the Shepherd returns
to the sound of trumpets
He will search for His sheep
in sanctuaries and behind pulpits
and find only a few
He will turn then to the streets,
gutters,
alleys,
and prisons
He will find many
and bring them all home
to the wedding feast

PART III
THE END BRINGS THE BEGINNING
The words of the prophets have been fulfilled
The sun darkens,
the stars fall,
The old Earth fades away and heaven comes down
The glory of God in His holy city blinds me
I cry out
Oh my God! Let me see you!
For your glory has blinded this sinner's eyes
I then heard wings of an angel come to me
She touched a coal to my heart,
eyes,
and lips
She said
your sins are forgiven,
and your heart sanctified
your lips made pure
and your eyes opened
Look to His glory
He Was
and Is
and Is to Come
He is the great I Am
and He will reign forever and ever
I saw God
and knew that all the Hell in my life was forever taken away
and all sadness
and weariness
would be eternally ceased

PART IV
PRAISE HIM FROM WHOM GRACE FLOWS
O' God
This world is not my place
I am but a visitor here
I am but
a speck
a flash
a drip
on eternity
But my life through you
is complete
Praise your name forever and ever
From the heights of eternity
to the depths of forever
Make me clean Jesus
hold me to you always
so that I may find rest

No comments: