Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Adrifter I: Jonah

Here it is from start to finish, I hope you like it.

1-Running, Not Running to You, Running Away From You.

I am a wanted man
Wanted for some greater purpose
that feels thrust upon me
I do not want this, I do not want you
Leave me alone
Where can I run? Away, Surely.
I do not want to run to you
I will live my own life
On my own
I awake from a dream
Men were shouting "Throw him overboard, Throw him overboard!"
This means something
so, I will run to the shore
Leaving all I know behind
I will find a new life
Somewhere in the sea

2-Sitting by the Sea ( How Many Miles?)
How many heartaches till I find that one?
What is the meaning of our meeting?
Was it all just coincidence,
or was it just some sick joke played by the fates?
I think there's a greater purpose here.
G-d has a plan,
or at least I need to think so.
If not I think I'll go insane.
Though its not too bad, I've been there before.
Nice to visit, though I'd never live there.
Let's get together sometime,
we'll converse about what could be someday
but sometimes.... sometimes...
sometimes, I wonder though.
How many miles from one heart to another?
How many feet from soul to soul?
I think the distance is just too far.
I'll never make it.
I think I'll sit and stare at the ocean
and wait as the tide covers me
wondering about what could be .
I think I'm being dragged out to sea
But I don't care, I just hope one day,
I'll wash ashore, somewhere.
Somewhere,
somewhere closer to you.

3-This Silent Ocean, This Brilliant Sunlight
I'm drowning, drowning, in this sea
some invisible hand shoving my head under water
every time I try to catch a breath,
my arms flailing, legs kicking
attempting to tread water
treading water, this frozen, cold water
water, treading water, this cold water
My lungs fill up, I'm drowning now.
I cant see your face
I cant even see my limbs for the darkness of the ocean floor
content now with where I am. knowing where my hopw lies
I sleep, knowing that soon,
I will see the face of my maker
I will rejoice,
I was cold, but now am warm
Was drowning, but now can breath
was cold, but now I'm warm
In this sunlight, this brilliant sunlight.

*(interlude) Not Now (How I was Near Death/Plans for Me Yet)
not yet my child
though you are yet finished in this vast sea
your time to join me is not now

*the Adrifter coughs and gasps for air*

4-Adrifter
These waves have been my only companion
for days
bordering on insanity
choking on my own tongue
salt water is all i have to drink
sun scorching my skin
this driftwood i cling to
is all that is keeping me afloat
I once thought my journey done
as I sank to the ocean floor
but G-d had something for me yet
As I look around
i see
nothing but waves
for miles around me
I cling to some hope of land though these waters are large
and I am quite small.
tossed about in this ocean
the clouds darken and a chill sets in
My companions take on an evil tone
I feel a storm rolling in

5-The Storm, One for the Ages.
Dear G-d this storm is raging
I know I must weather it
but keep me safe
To be rescued from the depths only to die in this maelstrom
is not your plan
I have no idea how to save myself from this
but only though you
I am knocked back and forth
back and forth
One moment I am flying, the other drowning
where is the eye of this storm?
only for a moment my son
but now
I am sorry, but back into the hurricane you must go

Sweet reprieve, now gone
I cling only to myself and to You.

6-Purpose, Planning. Brought from The Sea, Into New Life.
wake up, wake my son, sweet Adrifter
you have reached land
now to the city you must go
Run! Run Quickly !
I will give you the strength you need.

I now have purpose, There is planning to be done, but I have purpose.
Sprinting for the city.
I now know what I must do.
I will be unstoppable
For I was thrown into the sea by my own doing
but now I was brought from from the deep
and through the storm
by The Hand Of G-d
Though there be rocks before me
I shall not fear.
If this what real life feels like
I want more.

No comments: